Liposuction is one of the top plastic surgery treatments nowadays. In recent years, many technological advances have been seen in regards to liposuction techniques and novel methods to melt and get rid of fat.
Since it is a very popular procedure and many surgeons are offering it, it is crucial that you know exactly what you are getting into. The surgery is quite simple, and in general terms, is not considered risky, however, it is still surgery, thus, make sure you are well informed about your options before you schedule your time in the OR.
The best specialists in the field will agree that there are 8 questions you should know the answer to before deciding if a liposuction is right for you. Read them here and talk to several doctors about them. Evaluate their answers and their knowledge, and only then, decide if a liposuction is the best way to go for you.
1. What modern liposuction techniques are available today?
There are many, and you should know them all, with their ups and downs.
2. Are you aware of the immense safety that new liposuction techniques offer today?
The field has become so specialized due to demand that some new techniques pose minimal risks. Always try to go for the one that demands the least threat to your health based on what you need.
3. Do you know how to find a doctor who is an expert in what you are looking for?
There are thousands of options out there; some are wonderful, others not so much, and there are some that can really put your life in danger; so, be careful and do your homework before choosing a specialist.
4. Are you knowledgeable about the latest and best techniques to reduce the risks caused by anesthesia?
You really want to learn and compare anesthesia techniques to ensure you are getting the safest option.
5. Do you know which techniques offer you the best value for your money?
The best liposuction option for you will depend on what you want to “fix”. Some techniques work better than others for some parts of the body; so, make sure you know exactly what you’re after to make sure you find it.
6. Are you informed about the substantial improvements in liposuction technologies?
Along with the techniques, liposuction technologies have improved considerably. Learn everything you can about how it worked before and how it works now.
7. Do you know which doctors are flourishing and not just surviving in these hard economic times?
No matter how hard times are, the best of the best in the industry will always succeed. Find out who is oblivious to the word ‘recession’, because that means he or she is good!
8. Did you know that fat can be extracted from, for example, your buttocks and injected into your breasts for a natural breast increase?
You should always try to go as natural as possible; so, if you can avoid silicone gel implants, do it.
Do no wait until you visit a expert to learn the answers to these questions, in fact, you should know them beforehand, so that you are able to assess if the expert you are talking to, and consulting with, is truly an expert.
Knowing the answers to these questions deeply could mean the difference between getting a good result and a superb one.
<message edited by Greg on Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:55 AM>